Help us expand our music coverage on Delusions of Adequacy. If you have a passion for music and quality writing, we want to hear from you. We are always looking out for extra new writers to join our existing collection of staff.
We are looking for people with diverse good taste and an open mind, folks who enjoy writing and who are reliable enough to contribute on a regular – yet negotiable – basis.
As a DOA scribe you can contribute:-
- Reviews (on albums, EPs, singles, MP3s, live shows)
- Interviews (with artists and record labels)
- Features (current and past features have included: Flipsides & Otherwise, Short Takes, Artists On Albums, and Unappreciated Album of the Month… and we’re always open to fresh ideas)
If you are interested in becoming a DOA writer, please send an e-mail to email@example.com.
Your e-mail should include the following:
- Your name (first and last) and why you’re interested in writing for DOA
- A short summary of music you like – favorite bands, genres, and record labels
- How often you could submit material to the site (ideally at least 1-2 times month)
- Whether you prefer to supply reviews, interviews or features
- A sample review, preferably of something not in our archives. Please include the band name, band website, album title, record label, label website, the review (at least 250 words), and a short summary text for the DOA front page.
- 2-3 links to self-penned material previously published elsewhere on the internet
All positions are unpaid.